Union City Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck Accidents in Union City
A truck accident is a terrifying experience with devastating, even fatal, results. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we help victims of truck accidents recover the compensation they are owed after these life-altering accidents. If you or a loved one were injured or killed, as a result of a truck accident, call our experienced truck accident attorneys.
Our attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., are:
- Prepared to fight for the rights of those injured or killed in truck accidents
- Relentless in our pursuit to hold all the responsible negligent parties accountable for their actions
- Educated in all state and federal trucking laws
If you are faced with medical bills, lost wages, and life-changing injuries from a truck accident, call us today. The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., wants to help preserve your legal rights and fight for the financial compensation you need now and in the future. There are no upfront fees, and your consultation is free.
Why Do I Need a Truck Accident Attorney?
Drivers, trucking companies, and their insurance companies begin investigating a truck accident immediately in an effort to find ways to limit their liability and minimize your claim. Trucking companies have a team of attorneys working on their behalf to protect their interests. That is why it is so important to have an experienced Union City truck accident attorney working to build and protect your own claim.
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our highly experienced car accident lawyers immediately start working for you in these ways:
- Investigating the accident scene
- Obtaining the police report
- Getting the trucking company records
- Contacting any witnesses
- Gathering evidence
- Dealing with the insurance company
- Representing your interests in any negotiations
- Filing any necessary legal documents
Call us today. We are fearless and dedicated to defending your legal right to compensation. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we speak both English and Spanish for your convenience.
Truck Accidents and Liability
Truck accident injuries are often more severe and can lead to wrongful death claims as a result of the size and weight of trucks. Trucks include more than the typical 18-wheeler. Accidents are worsened when trucks are carrying dangerous or flammable material.
Some common trucks can include:
- Retailer vehicles
- Delivery vehicles
- Oil tankers
- Dump trucks
- Tow trucks
- Utility vehicles
- Cement trucks
After a truck accident, multiple insurance companies may represent different parts of the truck and its load. This makes the matter much more complex. An insurance company may represent not only the driver but also the following:
- Logistics company
- Shipment owner
- Trucking company
- Owner of the trailer
Truck Accidents and Protecting Your Rights
Truck accidents happen for many reasons. Most, but not all, are due to driver negligence. Typical reasons for truck accidents include:
There are steps to take after a truck accident to help preserve one’s legal rights and the ability to recover for injuries. These are as follows:
- Call the police and demand an investigation.
- Call for and receive emergency medical help.
- Take photographs of the accident.
- Write down the truck driver’s name, address, phone number, and insurance information.
- Write down the name of the trucking company, their address, and phone number.
- Write down any witness names, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Notify your insurance company.
- Contact an experienced Union City truck accident lawyer.
Contact Our Union City Truck Accident Attorneys
Never accept an insurance company offer before speaking with a truck accident attorney. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our attorneys will do everything we can to ensure you receive fair and just compensation. We have a high client success record and over 90 years of combined legal experience. Our Union City truck accident lawyers offer free initial consultations and serves the entire state of New Jersey. We can be contacted at (201) 928-0300 or through our online contact form.