Union City Workplace injury Lawyer
Workplace Injury in Union City
If you or a loved one suffered a work-related injury or illness, the attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., want you to know what to expect during the Workers’ Compensation claims process. Workers’ Compensation claims are often more complicated than you might expect, and the stress of the unknown may distract you from your recovery.
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our attorneys do the following:
- Keep you informed about the status of your claim from the moment we begin helping you until the conclusion of your case
- Work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we do not get paid unless we get benefits for you
- Offer free consultations for clients so you can discuss the details of your case, risk-free
The team at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., in Union City will work closely with you throughout your case to ensure you receive just compensation after a work-related injury or illness. There are time limits on filing Workers’ Compensation claims, so contact us today and get experienced legal help for your claim.
How Can a Workplace Injury Attorney Help Me?
If you are injured at work, Workers’ Compensation benefits should cover all your medical expenses relating to your injury, regardless of fault. This may seem straightforward, but some injuries are more difficult to prove than others. Additionally, employers and insurance companies may say your injuries occurred outside of the workplace.
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our attorneys know the Workers’ Compensation system. We do the following on your behalf:
- File any necessary documents by their deadline
- Represent you in negotiations with the insurance company before your hearing
- Investigate the circumstances of your workplace injury
- Gather evidence to support your claim at your hearing
- Represent you at your benefits hearing
Call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we want to help you move forward with your Workers’ Compensation claim. There is no reason not to have an experienced workplace injury attorney by your side. We speak English and Spanish for your convenience.
What is Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
Workers’ Compensation insurance is a social contract between an employer and a worker. The employer purchases Workers’ Compensation insurance for the worker, and in return, they are immune from civil lawsuits from their workers who are injured on the job. There are some exceptions.
Workers’ Compensation insurance is purchased by businesses and underwritten by either insurance companies or the state. States individually control Workers’ Compensation wage and medical benefits.
Workers’ Compensation insurance provides medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs to workers who are injured or become ill while at work or performing work-related duties. It also pays death benefits to families of workers killed while at work.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Workers’ Compensation benefits depend on the extent and severity of the injury or illness. New Jersey has the following benefits:
- Medical payment to cover any work-related medical treatment such as emergency medical treatment, surgery, tests, and prescription medications.
- Temporary total disability benefits are awarded when a worker’s injuries prevent him or her from working for at least a week. The amount is calculated based on the worker’s pay and continues until he or she is medically cleared to return to work.
- Permanent partial benefits are awarded when a worker’s accident results in a permanent injury to a body part. The injury does not preclude him or her from working in the future.
- Permanent total benefits are awarded to a worker when an injury results in the inability to work in any capacity whatsoever. Weekly payments are allotted to the injured worker as long as he or she remains permanently unable to work.
Contact Us For Skilled Legal Guidance
If you or a loved one need to file for Workers’ Compensation benefits or were denied Workers’ Compensation benefits, the attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., want to help. Our Union City workplace injury attorneys will help protect your legal rights and get you the benefits you are owed. Call us today for your free case review.