Union City Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
Distracted Driving Accidents in Union City
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s distracted driving, call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., today. It is imperative to seek legal advice before making any statements to an insurance adjuster or signing any settlement documents.
The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., have the following:
- Decades of experience dealing with insurance companies and handling accident claims
- A reputation for success amongst our clients
- Aggressive attorneys prepared to pursue the compensation that you are owed
We never charge unless we achieve a successful outcome in your case, either in the form of an in-court victory or an out-of-court settlement. Contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our attorneys can meet with you, explain your legal rights, and review your distracted driving accident claim.
Why Do I Need a Distracted Driving Accident Attorney?
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our experienced Union City distracted driving attorneys work hard to establish the root cause of your accident. We collaborate with investigators and accident reconstructionists, interview witnesses, and even obtain cell phone records to show distracted driving caused or contributed to the accident.
Our Union City distracted driver accident lawyers can also do the following:
- File your personal injury claim
- Pursue insurance companies to ensure you receive maximum compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering
- If necessary, take your case to trial
The Union City personal injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., treat you as an individual and keep you informed through every step of the legal process. Do not wait any longer. Contact us today if you were the victim of a distracted driver.
Types of Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving accidents are caused by manual, visual, and cognitive distractions. A manual distraction involves a driver’s hands. Without both hands, a driver cannot fully control a vehicle.
Examples of manual distractions are:
- Receiving a phone call
- Eating and drinking
- Personal grooming
- Adjusting the dashboard or steering wheel controls
Visual distractions cause a driver to take their eyes off of the road. Visual distractions include:
- Reading or watching content on a cellphone
- Checking appearance in the mirror
- Focusing on a passenger
- Looking at a map or GPS
A cognitive distraction takes a driver’s mind away from the road for an extended period of time. Common cognitive distractions include the following:
- Focusing on a phone call conversation
- Disciplining your children
Manual, visual, and cognitive distractions can happen simultaneously or in any combination with one another.
Compensation for Distracted Driving Accidents
The victim of a distracted driving accident has a legal right to compensation for all of their losses. A victim should never pay out-of-pocket for any damages caused by the negligence of another person. The following are types of compensation an injured party may receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses for all accident-related injuries
- Any personal property damage including costs of vehicle repair or replacement
- Lost wages
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- In a wrongful death, loss of consortium
Get Legal Help From an Experienced Union City Distracted Driving Accident Attorney
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we evaluate your needs and inventory your losses before determining the amount of compensation you need for current and future expenses. Most cases settle in negotiations, but we are prepared to go to court and present your case to a judge and jury. Call or contact us via our online contact form to discuss your losses and potential recovery. Our law firm has 90+ years of combined experience and is proud to serve all of New Jersey with our legal services.