Union City Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accidents in Union City
Car accident injuries can severely impact both the quality and enjoyment of life. If you are unable to work, financial pressure can build up, and insurance adjusters can try to take advantage of the situation. Do not allow anyone to take advantage of you or your family when you are vulnerable.
If you or a family member were injured in a car accident, contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. Our New Jersey attorneys are:
- Experienced in Union City car accident cases
- Successful in personal injury settlement and litigation
- Highly-rated by our clients
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our personal injury attorneys have more than 90 years of combined legal experience. We specialize in treating our clients as individuals. Call our New Jersey accident attorneys today to schedule your free consultation.
What Can a Car Accident Attorney Do for Me?
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we recommend that any car accident injury victim seek the guidance of an experienced attorney. Accident victims may be eligible to receive compensation for costs incurred due to the negligence or recklessness of another.
Victims without auto accident lawyers are typically awarded much less than those who have skilled representation. The attorneys at our law firm will do the following:
- Handle all legal paperwork
- Deal with the insurance company
- Estimate your economic damages, both present, and future
- Estimate your non-economic damages, both present, and future
- Represent your best interests in negotiations
- If necessary, represent you in a trial
Call us before discussing settlement with the insurance company. You deserve to know the value of your case. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we speak both English and Spanish for your convenience.
Common Causes of Car Accidents and Resulting Injuries
Most auto accidents are caused by driver negligence. The following are some of the most frequent causes of vehicle accidents:
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Falling asleep at the wheel. Commercial drivers are particularly susceptible to drowsy driving
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving
There is a wide range of personal injuries resulting from car accidents. They are determined by the force, speed, and impact angle of the cars. Common injuries include:
- Scrapes and cuts
- Head injuries
- Broken ribs
- Other broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Herniated disc
- Knee trauma
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Emotional and psychological pain
A lot of car accident injuries are not immediately recognizable. It is important to seek medical assistance for seemingly insignificant injuries. Only a doctor can determine what medical care you need and create a report documenting injuries caused by a car accident.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
There are steps a victim can take after a car accident to improve their chances of physical and financial recovery. They are as follows:
- Stay at the scene.
- Call for medical assistance.
- Call the police, and report the accident.
- Exchange insurance information with all involved parties.
- Take detailed photos of all damage and injuries.
- Get the contact information of all witnesses.
- Do not admit fault.
- Seek medical attention and get a medical exam.
- Report the crash to one’s own insurance company.
- Speak to an attorney before signing anything or speaking with anyone.
Car accident claims are complex. There are medical bills, insurance companies, drivers, witnesses, and police reports. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our attorneys can help determine liability for the car accident and calculate your losses.
Call our today to see if you qualify for any of the following compensation:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Future lost wages
- Future medical bills
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Have you Suffered a Car Accident Injury in Union City?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, our Union City car accident lawyers are here to help. Call the highly experienced attorneys at our law firm at (201) 928-0300 or contact us via our online form for a free case evaluation. Our attorneys provide knowledgeable and insightful legal advice and are here to serve the entire state of New Jersey. At our law firm, our personal injury attorneys provide free consultations to answer questions you may have about your car accident case.