Union City Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical Malpractice in Union City
If you suspect that you or a loved one were the victim of medical malpractice, you need legal representation. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our experienced medical malpractice attorneys help victims and families who suffer negligent or reckless behavior at the hands of medical professionals.
The attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., have:
- A reputation for success and results among our clients
- Resolved over a thousand cases, including six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts
- More than 90 years of combined legal experience
Medical professionals are human and capable of making mistakes, but they are obligated to ensure the safety and health of their patients. Many medical malpractice cases are preventable, and victims have the right to file medical malpractice lawsuits and recover compensation for their injuries. Call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., to learn more about your legal rights and to schedule your free consultation.
Why Do I Need a Union City Medical Malpractice Attorney?
It is always important to meet with a medical malpractice attorney if you believe you were injured due to the negligent or reckless actions, or inactions, of a medical professional. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our Union City medical malpractice attorneys do the following:
- Provide a free consultation to review your legal options
- Obtain and analyze your medical records
- Advise you on whether to pursue a malpractice claim
- If we decide together to pursue your claim, file a medical malpractice lawsuit
- Represent your best interests in settlement negotiations
- If no settlement agreement is reached, take your case to court
Contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., to learn more about how our Union City medical malpractice lawyers help our clients recover compensation for their injuries and move forward with their lives. There are no upfront fees. We speak both English and Spanish.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is treatment, or the omission of treatment, by a physician or another medical professional that deviates from the accepted standards of care and causes injury to a patient. An accepted standard of care is what a reasonably careful medical professional would do in the same or similar circumstances.
A successful medical malpractice claim must demonstrate the medical professional:
- Had a legal duty to provide care or treatment to the patient
- Breached this duty by failing to adhere to recognized standards of care
- The breach in duty caused the injury suffered by the patient
Once medical malpractice is established, the goal of compensation for the victim is to make them whole again or put them as close to their condition before the accident as possible.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice
There are always risks involved in medical treatments and procedures. However, no patient can assume the medical errors and omissions that are commonly cited in malpractice cases. In the most severe medical malpractice cases wrongful death can occur.
These include the following:
- Surgical error, such as operating on the wrong part of the patient’s body, removing the wrong organ, using unsanitary tools, and closing a wound with instruments still inside the body.
- Emergency room error, including missed or improper diagnosis, medication errors, or errors in the treatment of patients’ problems.
- Diagnostic error, through not obtaining complete medical histories from new patients or ignoring symptoms of serious medical conditions, such as cancer or infections.
- Medication error, using the wrong drug, the wrong dosage, or administering medication at improper intervals, or with other medication that reacts badly together.
- Birth injury, before, during, or soon after birth when a doctor or nurse fails to notice signs of trouble or does not act in a timely manner when an emergency arises.
- Medical equipment failure, due to improper training or maintenance, or manufacturer error.
- Medical errors caused by overworked, under trained, or inexperienced medical personnel.
Reach Out To Our Union City Medical Malpractice Lawyers
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our Union City medical malpractice attorneys are passionate about fighting for our clients and motivated by the needs of their families. We offer personalized case solutions that fit your situation. Call us at (201) 928-0300 or contact us via our online form to schedule a free consultation. Our law firm has 90+ years of combined experience serving Union City and all of New Jersey.