Union City Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury in Union City
If you or a loved one have suffered accident injury, contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., today. Our Union City personal injury attorneys can help you pursue the compensation you deserve. With more than 90 years of combined legal experience, our dedicated legal team has successfully fought for the rights of accident victims in cases involving auto accidents, truck crashes, slip-and-fall injuries, workplace accidents, and other personal accident injury claims.
The attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., are the following:
- Skilled and respected attorneys with extensive personal injury experience
- Deeply compassionate toward our clients
- Committed to fighting for the maximum compensation due to our clients
Schedule your free consultation now. You should never pay for an accident injury case caused by someone else’s negligence or reckless behavior. Call The Union City Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., to speak with one of our highly experienced personal injury attorneys about your legal right to recover for your injuries.
What Can a Union City Personal Injury Attorney Do For Me?
An experienced Union City personal injury lawyer does more than you might imagine to make a successful case on your behalf. When you choose The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., one of our skilled personal injury attorneys will do the following:
- Investigate your accident to identify legal responsibility and the extent of your injuries.
- Identify all potentially liable parties.
- Examine all insurance policies held by the liable parties with applicable coverage.
- Calculate your total economic loss from the accident including any future medical treatments or care, or inability to work.
- Determine the personal impact of your injuries for non-economic damages.
- Ensure you have the additional assistance and support you need, such as general or specialized medical care, retrieval of personal property, notification of creditors and others of your vehicle accident and status.
- Be available to answer any questions about your case status.
- Aggressively negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- If necessary, file a personal injury lawsuit to demand appropriate compensation.
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we want to take the daily burdens of an injury due to negligence off of your shoulders so you can focus on recovery. Call us today to take advantage of your free case evaluation. We speak both English and Spanish.
What is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury is an injury caused by another person’s or company’s reckless or a negligent party’s behavior. In a typical personal injury case, the injured person pursues compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Common types of personal injury cases include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace injury accidents
- Nursing home negligence
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
Most personal injury claims in New Jersey must be filed within two years of the date of injury. It is important to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an accident to begin work on a claim and avoid any statute of limitations.
Preserving a Personal Injury Claim
There are steps to take that can help protect your legal rights after an accident leaves you with a significant injury. These are as follows:
- Seek immediate medical treatment.
- Follow all doctors’ orders, attend all doctors’ appointments.
- Report the accident as soon as possible.
- Contact police, management, or security where the injury occurred.
- Get a copy of any report made at the scene.
- Collect witness contact information.
- Take photos of the accident, injuries, and any relevant matter.
- Within 24 hours, write down exactly what happened, including the time before and after the accident.
- Save everything connected to the accident, injury, and recovery including receipts and correspondence.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the other party’s insurance company.
- Do not proceed with a phone call after an adjuster suggests recording your statement
- Do not sign anything offered by an insurance adjuster.
- Stay off of social media.
- Consult an experienced personal injury attorney before giving any statements or agreeing to any settlement from an insurance company.
Never discuss settlement with an insurance company before getting a fair evaluation of the value of your case. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our Union City personal injury attorneys work hard to ensure any settlement you receive will actually cover your current and future losses. Insurance companies want to protect their bottom-lines, and we want to protect your best interests.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury due to the negligence of another, please contact our Union City personal injury lawyers immediately to discuss your case. We want to help you receive the support and financial compensation you deserve. Schedule a free initial consultation today and see how we can help you fight. Our law firm serves all of New Jersey.