Union City Train Accident Lawyer
Train Accidents in Union City
If you or someone you love was injured or killed in a train accident, contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. Our attorneys work with clients suffering from catastrophic injuries or wrongful death due to train accidents. We know these are some of life’s worst, most stressful experiences, and want to help answer any of your legal questions.
The Union City train accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., are:
Our law firm is composed of highly experienced attorneys that work as legal advocates and stand up for your rights. Contact the attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. We never charge upfront legal fees and only get paid when you do. Your case review and consultation are free.
Why Do I Need a Train Accident Attorney?
Train accident attorneys are a valuable resource and ally to victims of train accidents. Train accidents can result in life-altering injuries, expensive medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Train accident claims require the following:
- The ability to prove fault for the accident.
- Knowledge of federal and state railroad safety laws.
- Investigations into the actions of the railroad company and its employees.
- Crash investigations by experts to determine the cause of the train accident or derailment.
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our Union City train accident lawyers will review your claim and provide you with legal guidance about the possibility of filing a lawsuit. Contact us for your free consultation today.
Types of Train Accidents
Train accidents are often caused by the negligent or reckless actions of rail companies. Rail company negligence can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Excessive speeding
- Failure to maintain or repair tracks
- Train operator error or fatigue
- Faulty signaling equipment
- Mechanical failure
- Failure to break
- Debris or equipment left in tracks
The rail company is not always the negligent party in a train accident. Other negligent parties could include:
- The manufacturer of the train or rails
- The owner of the train company
- The owner of the railway
An experienced Union City train accident attorney can help determine the liable party in a train accident or derailment.
Train Accident Compensation
There are three types of compensation available for personal injury and wrongful death victims and claims for their families. These are economic, non-economic, and punitive damages.
Economic damages compensate for monetary losses, such as:
- Current medical expenses and fees for emergency room visits, hospital care, surgery, assistive devices, and doctor visits.
- Future medical expenses.
- Lost wages.
- Loss of earning capacity if the ability to earn a living was negatively impacted by the accident.
Non-economic damages are compensation for non-financial losses, including:
- Pain and suffering due to the nature of the injury, the extent of the pain, and the length of time the victim is expected to suffer the pain.
- Mental anguish for fright, anxiety, worry, grief and other forms of emotional distress.
- Loss of consortium or services, assistance, aid, and companionship of a loved one in the case of a wrongful death caused by a train accident. Surviving parents may be awarded compensation for the loss of love, affection, and companionship of their minor children. Minor children may be awarded compensation for the loss of assistance, aid, and companionship of their parents.
Punitive damages are only awarded by the Court. These are damages meant to punish a defendant for malicious actions and dissuade similar conduct in the future.
Reach Out For Skilled Legal Counsel
Contact the attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., to learn more about protecting your legal rights after a train accident and ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve. Do not let a train accident permanently derail your life. Our Union City personal injury attorneys serve the entire state of New Jersey and can be contacted at (201) 928-0300 or via our online contact form.