Union City Dram Shop Liability Lawyer

Dram Shop Liability in Union City

If you or a loved one were injured by the negligence of an intoxicated person, call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. You may be entitled to compensation under New Jersey’s Dram Shop Act. Dram shop liability cases are alcohol-related cases in which the party that caused the injury was served alcohol although already visibly drunk or a minor.

Dram shop liability cases can be complicated, but with an experienced attorney on your side, you’re more likely to see a favorable outcome with your case.

At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we do the following:

  • Provide your individualized attention to create a road map of your case
  • Fight aggressively on your behalf so that you receive the compensation you truly deserve
  • Work on a contingency fee basis. If we cannot win your case, you do not owe us anything

Call us today for a free evaluation of your claim. We speak both English and Spanish.

Why Do I Need a New Jersey Dram Shop Liability Attorney?

At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our Union City dram shop attorneys get straight to work on your case. Our team does the following on your behalf:

  • Goes directly to the bar or restaurant that served the alcohol
  • Acquires any needed sales receipts
  • Interviews witnesses, staff and bar owners
  • If necessary, hires expert witnesses
  • Represents you in any negotiations
  • Takes your case to trial if needed

Let the Union City dram shop liability lawyers at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., investigate your claim and determine if you have a case. If you do, we will aggressively pursue compensation on your behalf. Contact our office today.

When Do Dram Shop Liability Laws Apply?

Dram shop liability laws apply when a victim suffers injuries or damages at the hands of the patron of a bar, restaurant, or other business who was over-served alcohol. That patron was either already intoxicated when served or was a minor.

Dram shop laws are most often applied when the accident is caused by drunk driving. When the drunk driver’s insurance does not adequately cover the victim’s damages, the victim may also sue the establishment that over-served the driver. This allows the victim full compensation for their losses.

In New Jersey, the Dram Shop Act gives the victim of an alcohol-related injury the right to seek damages from the vendor of the alcohol if the person was visibly intoxicated when served or sold the alcohol, or the vendor served or sold alcohol to a minor and had reason to believe they were a minor. The person who caused the injury cannot file for damages.

It is important to note that not all dram shop liability cases stem from drunk driving. Any type of alcohol-related personal injury qualifies.

Intentions Behind Dram Shop Liability Laws

Lawmakers had more than punishment in mind when creating dram shop liability laws. Dram shop laws were meant to do the following:

Reduce alcohol-related accidents by eliminating any monetary incentive to serve alcohol to intoxicated individuals or minors

  • Increase state awareness and educate consumers on the impacts of drinking and driving
  • Decrease the illegal purchase and consumption of alcohol
  • Continue to hold the individual responsible for their actions

At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., after we establish that your accident falls under dram shop liability laws, we can discuss legal action to recover the following compensation:

  • The full cost of your medical treatment
  • The amount of income you lose during recovery
  • Any diminishment to the quality of your life
  • The cost of repairs to any damaged property

Contact Us For Skilled Legal Representation

Our law firm is here to assist individuals impacted by dram shop liability laws. Call or contact us via our online form to schedule a free consultation with our highly experienced and knowledgeable Union City dram shop liability lawyers. Our legal team has more than 90+ years of combined experience and is proud to serve the entire state of New Jersey with their personal injury needs.