Union City Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Uber & Lyft Accident in Union City
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident caused by an Uber or Lyft driver, or while riding as a passenger of Uber or Lyft, you may be entitled to compensation. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our Union City Uber accident attorneys are driven to fight for clients involved in rideshare accidents.
Our Uber & Lyft accident attorneys have:
- Experience handling rideshare claims
- Understanding of rideshare laws and insurance policies
- Experts and resources available to evaluate your accident claim
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we offer a free claim evaluation to help you understand your legal options, and the potential value of your accident claim. Call us today. We speak both English and Spanish.
Why Do I Need an Uber or Lyft Attorney?
A Union City rideshare accident attorney can tell you if your claim is against a rideshare company’s insurance coverage, a driver’s private coverage, or both. They can also review any details of your accident and map out a plan of legal steps to take to recover your losses.
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we will:
- Identify all liable parties for your accident
- Identify all the insurance policies that may provide you compensation
- Gather any necessary evidence
- Interview witnesses and take statements
- Represent you in any negotiations
- If needed, move forward to a trial
Never let an insurance company dictate or minimize your claim. If Uber or Lyft reach out to you do not accept an offer without first speaking with a Union City rideshare accident lawyer. Call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., and let our personal injury attorneys advocate on your behalf.
Uber & Lyft Accidents and Coverage
Ridesharing companies such as Uber & Lyft provide taxi-like transportation by connecting passengers to drivers, but they are not taxi services. Drivers are not employees of Uber or Lyft, but contractors who use their personal vehicles to transport riders. Uber & Lyft screen an applicant’s driving history and look for any record of crimes, but traffic accidents still occur.
Both Uber & Lyft require their drivers to have personal auto insurance in accordance with New Jersey law. However, personal auto insurance policies typically do not provide coverage when the driver is using his or her personal vehicle to transport rideshare passengers.
A claim may exist against Uber or Lyft’s insurance coverage if the rideshare driver causes the accident, and the accident occurs:
- While the driver is on the way to pick up a rider
- During the driver’s transport of a rider
- While the driver is waiting for a ride request
When an Uber or Lyft passenger is injured by an at-fault motorist who crashes into the rideshare car, a claim is possible against the at-fault driver’s insurance. In some situations, claims are possible against both the rideshare insurance and the at-fault driver’s insurance policies.
Both Uber & Lyft provide auto liability policies for injuries to passengers caused by the rideshare driver of up to $1 million per accident.
How to Protect Yourself After an Uber or Lyft Accident?
After an accident involving an Uber driver or Lyft driver, there are certain steps one can take in an effort to protect their legal rights. They are the following:
- Report the accident to the police and get an accident report.
- Exchange insurance and license information with the Uber or Lyft driver and any others involved in the accident. If the driver refuses to cooperate, wait for the police to arrive and gather the information. If anyone starts to leave, take photos of their car and license plate.
- Find a safe place to stand and use a phone to take pictures of the accident scene before cars are moved. Take photos of damages to vehicles, personal injuries, and injuries of passengers.
- Call for medical assistance or seek immediate medical care. Even if emergency medical care is unnecessary, a medical examination is important. A doctor’s report describing any injuries is valuable documentation in a rideshare accident claim.
Contact An Experienced Uber or Lyft Attorney
The attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., want you to know that while it seems routine, never make a statement to an insurance adjuster. Once you find a good rideshare accident attorney, forward any adjuster phone calls, emails, and other correspondence to your attorney.
If you have been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, our Union City rideshare accident attorneys can advocate on your behalf. We have more than 90+ years of combined experience and serve the entire state of New Jersey for their rideshare legal needs. Call us at (201) 928-0300 or contact us via our online form for a free consultation.