Union City Burn Injury Lawyer
Burn Injury in Union City
If you or a loved one were the victim of a burn injury due to recklessness or carelessness of another, an experienced Union City burn injury attorney can protect your rights. The personal injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., are prepared to:
- Fight for the compensation you deserve for your burn injuries
- Work for you on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning we do not collect a fee unless we win
- Put all of our experience and resources to work recovering compensation for you
Burn injuries can leave victims with physical, mental, and emotional scars. They also require lengthy and expensive treatment. Let our experienced burn injury lawyers handle the legal paperwork and deal with the insurance company so you can focus on healing.
Call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., to schedule your free consultation.
Why Do I Need a Burn Injury Attorney?
It is important to use a Union City burn injury lawyer in order to hold negligent people and businesses accountable for their harmful or reckless actions. Burn injury attorneys also have enormous resources at their disposal that individuals do not. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we support your burn injury case in the following ways:
- Reviewing local officials’ reports
- Gathering evidence independently
- Seeking the opinions of expert fire and arson investigators
- Examining your medical records
- Determining your future medical needs
- Developing a claim amount that accounts for economic losses up to the date of your claim and for projected future expenses and losses, future surgery, and any loss of income
Call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., and let us review your situation. We have over 90 years of combined legal experience ready to work for you.
Types and Classifications of Burn Injuries
While most people suffer from a minor burn injury at some point in their lives, some are the victims of severe, life-altering burns due to the negligence of others. There are four common burn types. They are as follows:
- Thermal burns from open flames, scalding liquids, steam, and hot metals
- Electrical burns
- Radiation burns from ultraviolet exposure or from other sources of radiation, such as an x-ray
- Chemical burns from strong acids, alkalis, industrial detergents or solvents
Burn injuries are classified according to their severity. There are four degrees of burns.
- First-degree burns only affecting the outer layer of skin
- Second-degree burns which penetrate the surface of the skin affecting underlying tissue of the dermis
- Third-degree burns, or “full-thickness burns,” which penetrate all the way through the skin layers affecting the fat tissues underneath
- Fourth-degree burns penetrate beyond soft tissue and muscle affecting the bones
Second, third, and fourth-degree burns require emergency medical treatment. Second-degree burn victims can go to a hospital, urgent care clinic, or a doctor’s office. Emergency attention is needed for more serious burn injuries.
Severity of and Compensation for Burn Injuries
The severity of a burn injury impacts recovery in a burn injury case. Compensation for a severe burn injury often includes:
- Medical bills for emergency treatment, surgery, and skin grafts
- Lost income
- Future lost wages
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Expenses for physical and vocational therapy, counseling, and ongoing medical care
Reach Out To Us Today
If your loved one suffered a wrongful death as a result of severe burns, contact our law firm. The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. can pursue a wrongful death case on your family’s behalf. To discuss compensation for your burn injury and how our Union City burn injury attorneys can help, contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. We want you and your family to start the healing process as soon as possible. Our law firm serves all of New Jersey and we’re here to help stressful times of need.