Bergen County Rideshare Attorney
Uber & Lyft Accidents in Bergen County
If you or a loved one are involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, it is important to contact an experienced Bergen County rideshare attorney. The stress of experiencing a car accident is multiplied by a rideshare accident due to the coverage rules, the number of policies, the parties involved and the policy limits of Uber & Lyft.
The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., is known for guiding their clients through the confusion of Uber & Lyft accidents using:
- Skilled legal guidance and aggressive representation
- Responsiveness and ability to answer tough questions
- Compassionate, personalized attention
After addressing any health and medical concerns, call the Bergen County rideshare lawyers at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. We have over 90 years of combined experience and require no money upfront.
How an Uber & Lyft Accident Attorney Can Help You
Uber & Lyft accidents can involve multiple insurers. Insurance companies have their own attorneys whose job it is to save the insurance company money on payouts. Rather than face these attorneys alone, it is important to have your own attorney fighting to preserve your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
The Uber & Lyft attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., are experienced in rideshare accidents. Our attorneys will:
- Review your case
- Help you collect any necessary evidence
- Advise you about your options
- Negotiate with insurance companies for you
- If necessary, represent you in court
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we know the types of insurance policies and coverage involved in rideshare accidents and can provide the compassionate support and aggressive representation you need. Contact our Bergen County rideshare lawyers today to schedule a free consultation.
Causes of Uber & Lyft Accidents
There are causes of Uber & Lyft accidents that differ from a typical car accident. These are the following:
- Uber & Lyft drivers may not have special experience transporting passengers
- Uber & Lyft use phone applications that can take a driver’s attention off of the road
- There is no set workday, and drivers can work excessive hours often with little to no breaks
- Driver’s failure to properly maintain a vehicle in driveable condition
Uber & Lyft Insurance Policies
All drivers must carry their own insurance to be eligible to work for both Uber & Lyft. Additionally, both Uber & Lyft carry $1 million in liability coverage for any accidents that occur when a driver is using their vehicle for a rideshare trip. This means the $1 million in liability coverage only applies when the Uber or Lyft app is on and in use for a rideshare trip.
The $1 million in coverage does not apply when the Uber or Lyft app is off. When the app is off, only the driver’s personal insurance applies. When the app is on and the driver is “available,” Uber & Lyft have contingent insurance that applies, and the driver’s personal insurance is applicable.
Receiving compensation from Uber & Lyft is easier when a driver has their app on and has a client in the car. Other situations are more difficult.
Compensation for Uber & Lyft Accidents in Bergen County
Compensation for Uber & Lyft accidents is similar to any car accident. A victim may receive compensation for:
- Physical pain and suffering, mental anguish and physical impairment
- Medical, hospital, rehabilitation, disability, and other healthcare-related expenses
- Economic losses including lost wages, salary or income, and property damage
- Loss of future income due to any long-term disability and permanent diminished earning capacity
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death if a loved one died
Contact Bergen County Rideshare Attorneys
If you or a loved one were involved in a rideshare accident involving Uber or Lyft , call the Bergen County rideshare attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. Our law firm can discuss liability with you and help you learn more about pursuing a claim against the rideshare company. We are proud to serve Bergenfield, Bergen County and the entire state of New Jersey for their personal injury legal matters. There may be a time limit for filing a claim so call or contact us via our online form to discuss the specifics of your case.