Bergen County Construction Injury Attorney
Construction Site Injury in Bergen County
Construction sites are inherently dangerous. Working a construction site requires hard, physical labor and the use of powerful machinery. Workers toil at great heights or along roadsides next to traffic. Because of these environments, construction workers face a serious risk of injuries on the job.
If you suffered a construction site injury, allow an attorney from The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., to review your case and help you map out a recovery plan. Our construction site injury attorneys are:
- Experienced in construction site injuries
- Knowledgeable and well-versed in relevant New Jersey and Workers’ Compensation law
- Fearless and aggressive advocates for your rights
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our consultation is free, and we only get paid when you do. Simply call us today. We speak both English and Spanish.
What a Construction Site Injury Attorney Does for You
When you or a loved one are hurt while performing work on a construction site, a construction site injury attorney helps you to:
- Determine whether to file a workers’ compensation and/or third-party liability claim
- Deal with the workers’ compensation insurer
- Gather evidence to prove your eligibility for compensation
- Keep your claim moving forward
- Appeal a workers’ compensation claim denial
- Negotiate a settlement if there is a benefits dispute
- File a third-party lawsuit in court and/or negotiate a settlement with a responsible third party
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our Bergen County construction injury lawyers are ready to assist with your accident. Call our office today. Your initial consultation is always free.
Common Construction Site Accidents and Injuries
There are many dangers construction workers face on the job. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) has identified the following top causes of construction site injuries:
- Falling from a building, scaffolding or piece of machinery to the ground below
- Trench collapse
- Collapsed scaffolding
- Electric shock or an arc flash/blast
- Failure to use appropriate protective gear like hardhats and safety glasses
- Repetitive motion injuries
Compensation for Construction Site Injuries
Construction workers have two possible options for obtaining compensation for their injuries. These are Workers’ Compensation benefits and a third-party lawsuit. Nearly every employer is required to purchase Workers’ Compensation insurance for employees.
Workers’ Compensation covers workers who sustain injuries while performing work duties at their normal place of work or anywhere else they are working. It does not matter if the employer was negligent, or if the employee made mistakes causing their workplace injury. It only matters that the employee was not in violation of company policy or intoxicated.
Workers’ Compensation is the only way to sue one’s own employer. However, the coverage provided is broad and covers a range of acute injuries caused by an accident, repetitive stress, or illness due to toxic exposure. If someone other than one’s own employer caused the construction site injury, it is sometimes possible to sue that third person.
Contact a Bergen County Construction Injury Lawyer
To find out if you may have a third-party lawsuit claim, contact the attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. Our Bergen County construction site injury lawyers can explain third-party lawsuits and Workers’ Compensation coverage in detail. Our law firm serves Fair Lawn, Bergen County and the entire state of New Jersey. If you or a loved one have been injured on a job site, give our personal injury attorneys a call. We can be reached at (201) 928-0300 or through our online contact form.