Bergen County Bus Accident Attorney
Bus Accidents in Bergen County
If you or a loved one were hurt in an accident involving a bus, it is important to speak to a bus accident attorney as soon as possible. A bus accident can cause serious injuries, and the law entitles many bus accident victims to compensation for their accident-related losses. The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., has a team of compassionate attorneys who understand the impact a bus accident has on a victim and their family.
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our bus accident attorneys:
- Protect the rights of our clients
- Ensure our clients get the compensation they deserve
- Give our clients personalized attention
Call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., for your free consultation. We never charge any upfront fees and only get paid when you do.
Why You Need a Bergen County Bus Accident Lawyer
Bus accident attorneys understand the unique legal issues that separate car accidents from bus accidents. Bus accidents are more complex than car accidents and evaluating a bus accident may require the following:
- Evaluating the scene of the accident
- Working with expert medical witnesses
- Working with accident reconstructionists
- Retaining a private investigator
- Identifying and interviewing eyewitnesses
This is in addition to representing your interests in settlement negotiations or at trial. The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., have over 90 years of combined experience and the necessary resources to pursue and protect your right to recovery after a bus accident. Call our Bergen County bus accident attorneys today.
Types of Bus Accidents
Buses are not always equipped with the same safety features as other passenger vehicles. Additionally, buses are larger and heavier than other vehicles on the road. Therefore, bus accidents often result in greater injuries and property damage than regular car accidents.
There are many vehicles that are classified as buses, such as the following:
- Passenger vans that carry 15
- Public transportation buses
- School buses
- Prison buses
- Hotel and airport shuttle buses
Responsibility for an accident may lie with one or more of these parties:
- Bus driver
- School district
- Department of corrections
- Private school or church
- Manufacturer, seller, or rental company of a defective bus
- Manufacturer or seller of defective bus parts
- Third-party contracted to maintain or repair bus
- Negligent driver of another vehicle
- Government agency responsible for design, construction, and/or maintenance of defective roadway
- Property or business owner where an accident was due to dangerous premises
An experienced Bergen County bus accident lawyer can determine which parties are liable for a bus accident.
Bus Accident Injuries and Compensation
Victims of a bus accident can include bus passengers, other motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, or property owners. Any of these people may recover compensation for their injuries. The most common injuries caused by bus accidents are the following:
When considering a settlement, bus accident victims must take into account not only their current losses but also any future losses. These losses are economic and non-economic and could include:
- Medical expenses and anticipated future medical expenses
- Lost income and future lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
Contact Us For Skilled Legal Counsel
The Bergen County bus accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., work with our clients and professionals to estimate the cost of losses throughout our client’s life. Our law offices offer free initial consultations and serve the entire state of New Jersey. To discuss the specifics of your case call us at (201) 928-0300 or contact us via our online form. We know how difficult these types of cases can be and are here to help with the legal services needed.