Bergen County Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury in Bergen County
When you or a loved one is injured, knowing where to turn to protect your family’s physical and financial well-being is a difficult task. It is vital to receive the medical treatment and legal representation you need quickly in order to aid your recovery. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our Bergen County personal injury attorneys are:
- Experienced and successful in their field
- Able to provide you with the answers and guidance you deserve
- Prepared to fight for your rights and just compensation for your injuries
Call the legal team at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., today. We speak English and Spanish. You pay nothing unless we win.
How Bergen County Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
Personal injury attorneys stand by you throughout your personal injury case. A personal injury attorney is more than just an advocate in case you need to go to court. Personal injury attorneys listen to your needs, respond to your questions, and allow you the freedom to heal instead of dealing with insurers and medical bills.
While you focus on your health, the skilled attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., will assist you by:
- Gathering any necessary evidence for your case
- Interviewing witnesses of the incident that caused your injury
- Determining your total losses
- Filing any needed court documents, insurance claims, and other paperwork
- Representing you during negotiations with insurance companies
- Acting in your best interest to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to
Focus on your family and recovery. Contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., today.
What is a Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injury claims are legal disputes. They begin when one person is injured, and someone else is legally at fault for that injury. The person legally responsible for the injury contacts their insurance company, and the insurance company pays money to the injured person for medical bills, pain and suffering, and other medical expenses.
A personal injury case is either formalized through your personal injury lawyer in a civil court proceeding or through an informal settlement before any lawsuit is filed.
Some common causes of personal injury claims are:
Compensation for a Personal Injury
Personal injury damages are compensatory. They are a means to compensate the victim for their injury along with any additional damages including:
- Medical treatment associated with the accident including reimbursement for treatment received, and compensation for the estimated cost of future medical care
- Loss of present and future income
- Personal property lost or damaged in the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life or no longer being able to participate in favorite hobbies, exercise, and other recreational activities
- Loss of consortium, this may be in the form of companionship or sexual relationships
A victim may also receive punitive damages. Punitive damages are possible in a personal injury lawsuit when a defendant’s behavior is outrageously careless or despicable. Punitive damages are intended to act as a deterrent for future negligent behavior from any at-fault parties.
Contact Us Today
Depending on the extent and circumstances of your injuries, recovering the compensation you need can be complicated. Having the experienced personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., by your side will help in recovering the maximum compensation available. Our attorneys have more than 90 years of combined legal experience and are proud to serve the entire state of New Jersey for their personal injury needs. To contact our Bergen County personal injury lawyers, call us at (201) 928-0300 or via our free online contact form.