Hackensack Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck Accidents in Hackensack
If you or a loved one are involved in an accident involving a truck or eighteen wheeler, it is important to retain the services of a Hackensack truck accident attorney as soon as possible. You need to ensure your case is handled by an attorney experienced in truck accident litigation because of the complexity of truck accident cases.
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our team of truck accident attorneys can assist you with your case and ensure you receive:
- Personalized support and attention
- Complete transparency and information throughout your case
- Intense trial-ready preparation
The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., wants you to achieve the maximum compensation available. Our firm operates on a contingency fee arrangement with our clients. If we do not win, then you pay nothing. Call to speak with us today.
How a Hackensack Truck Accident Attorney Helps You
Truck accident attorneys are aware of the tactics truck insurance companies use in order to reduce or eliminate paying you the compensation you deserve. Following a truck accident, the truck company and their insurance company immediately begin trying to minimize any accident. You need skilled truck accident attorneys on your side working for you too.
Depending on the nature of your accident, the attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., may take the following steps:
- Record witness statements
- Take accident scenes photos
- Review any camera footage
- Review police and accident reports
- Analyze and review medical records
- Consult necessary experts
- Obtaining alcohol and drug testing from the truck driver
- Obtain data from the truck’s Electronic Control Module
Responsible Parties and Causes of Truck Accidents
Unlike a car accident, a truck accident can include multiple liable parties. This includes not only the truck driver but also the following:
- Truck company
- Owner of the truck
- Company leasing the truck
- Company leasing the trailer
- Shipper of the load
- Truck, trailer, or parts manufacturer
Injuries sustained in truck accidents are often caused by truck drivers’ negligence. Negligent acts of truck drivers’ include:
- Lack of experience
- Overloading trucks
- Failure to see vehicles in the truck’s blind spot
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Driving without taking breaks
- Not maintaining the truck in a safe working condition
Trucking companies can also be negligent when hiring and training a driver or maintaining a truck. To learn more about negligence and liability in a truck accident lawsuit, speak to an experienced Hackensack truck accident attorney.
Truck Accident Compensation
There are both economic and non-economic damages available to victims of a truck accident. Economic damages cover money damages that are calculable and include:
- Medical expenses for accident-related emergency room visits, hospital care, surgery, assistive devices and appointments with approved medical professionals
- Future medical attention and care
- Lost wages from the time of injury to the end of the lawsuit
- Lost earning capacity in the future
Non-economic damages are not easy to place a dollar amount on and are meant to compensate the victim or their family for losses such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of consortium, services, assistance, aid, society, and companionship of a loved one, child, or parents
Punitive damages may be available if the defendants were willful or malicious. Punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant and prevent similar behavior in the future.
Contact our Hackensack Truck Accident Lawyers
Our Hackensack truck accident attorneys know how difficult these types of events can be. In you and your family’s time of need, we are here to help. No one should face the complexities of a truck accident or truck accident recovery alone. To contact our highly experienced attorneys call (201) 928-0300 or complete our online contact form. Our attorneys serve the entire state of New Jersey with personal injury matters.