Hackensack Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one are involved in an accident involving a truck or 18-wheeler, it is important to retain the services of a Hackensack truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. You need to ensure your case is handled by an attorney experienced in trucking accidents litigation because of the complexity of truck accident cases. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our team of truck accident attorneys can assist you with your case and ensure you receive:
- Personalized support and attention
- Complete transparency and information throughout your case
- Intense trial-ready preparation
The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., wants you to achieve the maximum financial compensation available. Our law firm operates on a contingency fee arrangement with our clients. If we do not win, then you pay nothing. Call to speak with us today.
How Can Our Team Help With Your Truck Accident Case?
Accident lawyers are aware of the tactics truck insurance companies use in order to reduce or eliminate paying you the compensation you deserve. Following any trucking accident, the truck company and their insurance company immediately begin trying to minimize any accident. You need skilled car accident attorneys on your side working for you too. Depending on the nature of your accident, the injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., may take the following steps:
- Record witness statements
- Take accident scenes photos
- Review any camera footage
- Review police and accident reports
- Analyze and review medical records
- Consult necessary experts
- Obtaining alcohol and drug testing from the truck driver
- Obtain data from the truck’s Electronic Control Module
Talk to the Hackensack truck accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., now and preserve your legal rights. There are time limits for filing a trucking accident lawsuit in New Jersey.
How Much is My Truck Accident Claim Worth?
There are both economic and non-economic damages available to victims in trucking accidents. Economic damages cover money damages that are calculable and include:
- Medical expenses for accident-related emergency room visits, hospital care, surgery, assistive devices and appointments with approved medical professionals
- Future medical attention and care
- Lost wages from the time of injury to the end of the lawsuit
- Lost earning capacity in the future
Non-economic damages are not easy to place a dollar amount on and are meant to compensate the victim or their family for losses such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of consortium, services, assistance, aid, society, and companionship of a loved one, child, or parents
Punitive damages may be available if the defendants were willful or malicious. Punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant and prevent similar behavior in the future. Speak with our Hackensack truck accident lawyer to discuss what damages you are able to recover with a lawsuit.
Determining Liability in Truck Accident Lawsuits
Unlike a car accident, truck accidents can include multiple liable parties. This includes not only the truck driver but also the trucking company they work for or the company that owns or leases the truck. Truck owners and trucking companies are responsible to properly maintain a truck so that a mechanical failure doesn’t cause an accident. Other parties that could be held liable in an accident include truck, trailer or parts manufacturer. If a defective component or part in a truck caused the accident, then a product liability claim could be filed against the manufacturer.
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
Serious injuries sustained in trucking accidents are often caused by truck drivers’ negligence. Negligent acts of truck drivers’ include:
- Lack of experience
- Overloading trucks
- Failure to see vehicles in the truck’s blind spot
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Driving without taking breaks
- Not maintaining the truck in a safe working condition
A trucking company can also be negligent when hiring and training a driver or maintaining a truck. To learn more about negligence and liability in a truck accident lawsuit, speak to an experienced Hackensack truck accident attorney from our law firm.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Our Hackensack semi-truck accident attorneys know how difficult these types of events can be. In your time of need, our law firm is here to help and provide legal advice. No one should face the complexities of a personal injury claim or recovery alone. To contact our highly experienced accident lawyers call (201) 928-0300 or complete our online contact form to schedule a free case evaluation. Our personal injury lawyers serve Hackensack, Teaneck, Bergen County, Union City and the entire state of New Jersey.