Hackensack Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury in Hackensack
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident, it is important to choose an experienced and qualified personal injury attorney to help you on the road to recovery. The attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., focus their practice on personal injuries and are:
- Familiar with all aspects of personal injury law
- Experienced in proving negligence and maximizing compensation
- Determined to go the extra mile in pursuing the benefits you deserve
We hope you will contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., to speak with one of our personal injury attorneys today. We have the resources to help prove your case and take many of the burdens of a personal injury accident off of your shoulders. Call today for your free case review.
What a Hackensack Personal Injury Attorney Can Do for You
Personal injury attorneys help people injured in accidents recover compensation for their injuries. They represent you in negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company. If negotiations are not successful, your personal injury attorney represents you in court at trial.
Additionally, experienced personal injury attorneys, like ours at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., do the following:
- Personally handle your case and address your questions
- Calculate and document all of your losses
- Ensure that all court documents, insurance claims, and other paperwork are filed correctly
- Gathering any crucial pieces of evidence
- Interviewing necessary witnesses
- Represent your interests during negotiations with insurance companies
- Field prospective settlement offers while acting in your best interests
Call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., today for a no-obligation consultation. We speak both English and Spanish. Let our experience work for you.
Personal Injury Cases At a Glance
Most personal injury accidents happen when someone acts negligently. In order to prove negligence, the victim must prove the defendant owed them a duty of care. The defendant must then breach this duty of care, and this breach causes the victim’s injuries.
The following are common types of personal injury cases where negligence is often established:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bite accidents
In New Jersey, there is a time period, or statute of limitations, to file a personal injury lawsuit. Otherwise, the claim is barred. Therefore, it is important to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to preserve a claim.
Damages Available for a Personal Injury Claim
Damages are compensation for both the financial and non-financial losses or suffering sustained due to a personal injury. Common types of damages in a personal injury claim include:
- Medical expenses for any hospital stay, prescriptions, or doctor’s care
- Cost of future medical expenses for physical therapy or long-term care
- Household expenses, bills
- Property damages
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earnings or potential earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium for family members
- Loss of companionship for family members
Contact our Hackensack Personal Injury Lawyers
A Hackensack personal injury attorney help determine how much your claim is worth. You should always consult with a personal injury lawyer before speaking with an insurance company about any sort of settlement. To protect your legal rights and take the next steps in your personal injury case, call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C or submit our online contact form for a free consultation. Our attorneys serve Hackensack and the entire state of New Jersey with personal injury legal services. With more than 90+ years of combined experience, our Hackensack personal injury lawyers have the expertise and knowledge required to help navigate you and your loved one’s through these difficult times.