Hackensack Bus Accident Lawyer
Bus Accident in Hackensack
Bus accidents in Hackensack are often extremely serious and very complicated. Whether you or a family member were involved in a bus accident, knowing what to do afterward is sometimes overwhelming. The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., are here to help take that burden off of your shoulders.
Our experienced bus accident attorneys can support your case with the following:
- The attention it deserves
- The backing of more than 90 years of legal experience
- The resources of a respected and established law firm
At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys are aggressive, prepared, and willing to fight for your legal rights. Contact us for a free evaluation of your case.
How Can a Hackensack Bus Accident Attorney Help Me?
An experienced Hackensack school bus accident attorney has the knowledge and experience to handle every aspect of your bus accident case. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our attorneys can provide you and your family the following services:
- Document collection to support the lawsuit’s claim
- Dealing with any insurance companies to collect compensation
- Engaging in negotiations to secure a fair settlement agreement
- If necessary, filing a lawsuit and going to trial
- Any needed investigations or expert witness retention
Never agree to any settlement offer without consulting with a seasoned bus accident attorney. An insurance company’s number one interest is in protecting their bottom-line. Call The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., to discuss the potential value of your case today.
What are Common Bus Accidents Injuries?
There are noticeable differences between buses and cars. The first being the sheer size and weight of a bus. Buses can weigh nearly 50,000 lbs., and most do not have seat belts. Buses are also subject to roll-over accidents.
Additionally, bus drivers and other motorists regularly commit the same driving infractions. These factors lead to an increased chance of injury with a bus accident.
Some causes of bus accidents in Hackensack include:
- Distracted bus drivers
- Speeding bus drivers
- Inexperienced bus drivers
- Reckless bus drivers
Common bus injuries may include:
- Broken bones
- Back sprains
- Neck strains
- Spinal cord trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Wrongful death
What To Do After a Bus Accident?
There are steps to take after a bus accident to ensure your legal rights and access to compensation are protected. These are as follows:
- Contact the police, and ask them to respond to the bus accident.
- Call for and receive any necessary emergency medical help.
- Obtain the bus driver’s name and insurance information. Also write down the name, address, and phone number of the bus company.
- Take photographs of the bus accident including skid marks, damages, and any other potential evidence.
- Talk to witnesses and write down their names, addresses and phone numbers.
- Write down the details of the accident including the time, location, and weather at the time of the accident.
- Schedule an appointment with your doctor.
The next most important step to take is contacting a local bus accident attorney, like those at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. Our personal injury attorneys can discuss your case with you and potentially help you receive damages for any:
- Accident-related medical bills
- Future medical costs
- Lost wages, both past and future
- Property loss
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earning potential
- If applicable, wrongful death
Contact a Hackensack Bus Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a bus accident, reach out to some of the best Hackensack bus accident attorneys. Our personal injury lawyers have more than 90+ years of combined experience fighting for victims of negligence. Our law firm has no upfront fees, and your case evaluation is free. To contact us call our attorneys at (201) 928-0300 or submit our free online contact. We speak both English and Spanish. Our attorneys are proud to serve all of New Jersey with our personal injury legal services.