Hackensack Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and Fall Accident in Hackensack
If you or a loved one were injured in a store, restaurant, mall or any other privately or publicly owned premises, the Hackensack slip and fall attorneys at The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., can help. Our slip and fall attorneys provide the following:
- Knowledgeable and experienced in premises liability law
- Resourceful and committed in our pursuit of justice for clients
- Committed to making responsible parties provide full and fair compensation for your injuries
Never try to settle a slip and fall claim on your own. The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., represents accident victims on a contingency fee basis. We only get paid a legal fee if we secure compensation for you through an insurance settlement or a jury award.
What Can a Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Do for Me
Victims of slip and fall personal injuries often lack the legal information needed to negotiate with insurance companies. Therefore, insurance companies often try to and succeed in taking advantage of these victims. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our Hackensack slip and fall attorneys know the law surrounding slip and fall accidents and their value.
Our Hackensack personal injury attorneys deal with insurance companies on behalf of clients daily. This allows our clients to focus on their physical recovery. At The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we do the following:
- Investigate cases to determine fault
- Calculate damages
- Demand a full and fair amount from the liable party
- Prepare for trial, if necessary
- Keep our clients informed of case progress at all times
To learn more about The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., and the services that we offer, call us today. We speak both English and Spanish.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Most slip and fall cases involve a property owner who negligently fails to maintain his or her property and fails to fix or warn visitors about any known property hazards. Property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises free from hazards that could cause harm to others.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Broken stairs
- Broken or loose handrails
- Torn or frayed carpeting
- Loose tiles
- Spilled liquids
- Poor lighting
- Uneven pavement
- Cluttered walkways
If injured by any property hazard, a victim should do the following:
- File a report with the property manager or store manager recording the date, time, and the accident specifics.
- Get a copy of the report.
- Seek prompt medical attention for any injuries, and inform the doctor how the injuries occurred. The doctor’s report offers a medical record of injuries. Insurance adjusters will rely upon this record when evaluating any claim.
- Take photos of the accident scene showing the hazard. Photos provide valuable evidence to support a slip and fall personal injury claim. Take these photos before the property owner can repair the hazard.
What Compensation is Available for a Slip and Fall?
Compensation for a slip and fall injury is designed to restore the victim’s, or their family’s, life to how it was before the accident. Although this is often impossible, the ultimate goal is to make sure the victim does not pay for injuries caused by someone else’s negligence.
Types of compensation available in a slip and fall accident include:
- All accident-related medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
In the case of a wrongful death claim, compensation can include funeral and burial costs, final medical expenses, loss of support, and other associated damages.
Contact Highly Experienced Hackensack Slip and Fall Attorneys
To learn more about slip and fall cases and whether your injuries qualify for compensation, contact our experienced Hackensack slip and fall attorneys. Our lawyers offer free consultations to review your case and go over the specifics of the slip and fall case. To contact a Hackensack slip and fall lawyer call us at (201) 928-0300 or submit our online contact form. Our attorneys have more than nine decades of combined experience, and we are proud to serve the entire state of New Jersey with legal personal injury matters.