Clifton Wrongful Death Lawyer
If someone else’s careless or intentional actions took your loved one’s life in Clifton, New Jersey, do not suffer in silence. Seek justice and fair financial compensation for your life-changing loss with assistance from the dedicated attorneys at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. We understand the emotional hardship that you’re going through. We provide legal services that can help you and your family hold someone accountable for the death of a loved one.
Why Choose Us?
- Our New Jersey wrongful death attorneys have more than 90 years of combined legal experience.
- We provide exceptional and personalized legal representation to grieving family members
- Our lawyers will utilize their extensive experience and resources to build your wrongful death case.
- We have successfully resolved thousands of cases since the foundation of our law firm in 1998.
- We won’t charge for a wrongful death case unless it results in financial compensation being awarded to you and your family.
What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
The state’s definition of wrongful death is found in New Jersey Statutes Section 2A:31-1, which states that it is the death of a person caused by a wrongful act, neglect or default that would have entitled the decedent to maintain an action for damages resulting from his or her injury had death not ensued. In other words, if your loved one reasonably could have filed a personal injury claim in New Jersey had he or she survived the incident, a wrongful death action can most likely be brought.
What Damages Are Available?
While your loved one can never be replaced, obtaining a financial award (also known as damages) from the person or party that caused the fatal injury or illness can bring your family justice, closure and some financial relief during this difficult time. A successful wrongful death case in Clifton could result in damages for:
- Survivors’ mental and emotional anguish
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- The loss of your loved one’s wages, earnings and inheritance
- The cost of the victim’s final medical bills
- Loss of the decedent’s society and companionship
- Compensation for reasonable funeral and burial arrangements
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we will do what it takes to fight for a fair outcome for your wrongful death claim. We are equipped to go up against any defendant, big or small, and handle even the most complicated wrongful death lawsuit. Our hope is to help you cope with the financial stress that results from the unexpected loss of a loved one.
New Jersey’s Wrongful Death Laws
One of the most important laws to know in New Jersey is the statute of limitations or deadline for filing a wrongful death claim. It is two years from the date of your loved one’s death, with some exceptions. You should contact an attorney as quickly as possible to avoid missing your time limit.
Another rule in New Jersey is that only the personal representative of the deceased person’s estate may file a wrongful death claim. If your loved one did not name a representative in his or her will, the courts can appoint one. An attorney can help you effectively navigate all of New Jersey’s wrongful death laws.
Speak to an Experienced Wrongful Death Attorney in Clifton Today
Losing someone in your family means that your life will never be the same. Attorney Jeffrey H. Hasson and his team know how this feels. We understand that recovering from a loss takes time. While your family grieves, our wrongful death lawyers in Clifton can initiate your claim or file a lawsuit for you. We are passionate about pursuing justice and holding negligent parties accountable when their actions result in a victim’s death.
Start your case with a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our attorneys. Contact us online or call (201) 834-7043 today.