West New York Personal Injury Lawyer
Suffering a personal injury is overwhelming, and you may be unsure where to turn for help with medical care, lost wages, and obtaining justice for your losses. The West New York personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. can listen to the facts of your case, offer you valuable legal advice, and guide you during this stressful time.
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we provide compassionate representation in personal injury cases throughout New Jersey. Our skilled personal injury attorneys have:
- A track record of securing millions in verdicts and settlements for our clients;
- A reputation for excellence both locally and nationally; and
- A drive to help injured victims hold negligent parties responsible for the damages they caused.
We provide a complimentary, confidential consultation. Speak with an experienced personal injury attorney at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. to help put your mind at ease. Contact us now to schedule your appointment.
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
The Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. is a client-focused law firm. In other words, our primary focus is to provide you with excellent legal service while protecting your legal rights. From the beginning, we answer your questions about the personal injury claims process, provide you with prompt responses to your phone calls and emails, and update you regularly regarding your claim.
While you concentrate on your overall health and well-being, the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. build your personal injury case. This includes:
- Compiling relevant evidence;
- Determining liability for your accident;
- Identifying all sources of compensation;
- Filing timely legal documents;
- Handling all insurance company correspondence;
- Retaining needed experts;
- Assessing a fair value for your claim; and
- Negotiating a proper and just settlement.
Most personal injury claims settle outside of court. However, our West New York personal injury attorneys are experienced litigators and will take your case to trial when appropriate. Call the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. at (201) 928-0300 to learn more about our attorneys and to inform yourself about the personal injury claims process.
Do I Have a Valid Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is a civil lawsuit meant to compensate victims of negligent or reckless acts for their injuries. A victim usually files a personal injury claim against another person or business’s insurance company. Any entity is potentially responsible for a personal injury, including a municipality or other governmental body or a corporation.
Proving a personal injury claim requires showing another person or entity was negligent. This is the most challenging aspect of a personal injury case. Negligence has four elements, including:
- The at-fault party owed the victim a duty of care;
- The at-fault party breached this duty of care;
- That breach caused the victim’s injury; and
- The victim suffered actual damages as a proximate cause of the breach of care.
New Jersey requires victims to file personal injury lawsuits within two years of the date of injury. There are a few, minimal, exceptions to this rule. Outside of this time frame, New Jersey bars compensation for any losses.
Compensation for Personal Injuries
Personal injury compensation is different in every case. Damages depend on the following:
- The severity of the victim’s injuries;
- The type and location of the injuries; and
- The overall impact of the accident on the victim’s life.
Generally, victims receive compensation that includes:
- Current and future accident-related medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future earning potential;
- Property damage;
- Pain and suffering; and
- When applicable, wrongful death expenses.
Other types of damages are available either as part of a settlement or from the court after a successful trial. Contact the West New York personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. to discuss your case specifically.
Schedule a Consultation With an Injury Lawyer
An experienced personal injury attorney at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. will meet with you in a confidential setting and review your case’s facts. If your claim is valid, our office will start building your case right away at no upfront cost to you. We look forward to speaking with you soon, schedule a case review by calling our office at (201) 928-0300 or by filling our online contact form.