Slip & Fall Attorneys in Union City

Seek Compensation for Injuries with Our Award-Winning Firm

If you’re injured after tripping or slipping on someone else’s property, you have the right to pursue a legal claim against the property owner. This area of the law is called “premises liability,” and while it can be tricky to navigate these claims, our Union City slip & fall lawyers can bring over 90 years of legal experience to your trip and fall case.

Able to handle even the most complicated premises liability matters for our New Jersey clients, the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. can give you the dedicated legal representation you deserve. No matter where you slipped and fell, our team will aim to hold the negligent property owner or manager accountable for their inaction.

Call (201) 254-8484 today to schedule a consultation in Union City.

What Is a Property Owner’s Responsibility?

Personal injury cases – including those in the realm of premises liability – hinge on the principle of “negligence,” meaning that an individual must have violated their “duty of care” towards another person. For property owners, this duty of care is manifested in how they maintain their property, and prevent either residents or visitors from encountering dangerous situations.

On a commercial property, for instance, the property owner is required to remove reasonably obvious floor hazards as soon as possible. If they fail to warn invited guests or visitors to the property, or to fix the problem promptly, they can often be held accountable when someone slips and falls.

Common Slip and Fall Injuries

Whether you trip on torn carpeting or fall face-first on a wet floor, falling injuries can cause permanent and debilitating damage. Although most fall-related injuries are non-fatal, falls are actually the second leading cause of injury deaths worldwide, according to the World Health Organization. The risks of fatal injury increase significantly for adults over the age of 65, and many children also suffer serious injuries from falls every year.

Here are some of the most common fall-related injuries:

  • Spinal cord injuries
  • Bone fractures
  • Ankle sprains
  • Head and brain injuries
  • Neck injuries
  • Lacerations and abrasions
  • Bruising
  • Internal bleeding
  • Soft tissue damage

At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we can help those who have suffered from trip and fall injuries, by offering skilled representation for injury claims in Union City. No matter how complicated your case may be, we’ll look into the circumstances of your accident and ensure that the right person is held accountable.

Ready to get started? Call (201) 254-8484 for a free consultation with our premises liability lawyers.

Receive a Free Consultation from Our Firm

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side