Passaic County Dog Bite Attorney
Dog bites can result in serious injuries, infections, and even death, especially when a young child is a victim. If you or your loved one suffered a severe dog bite, the dog’s owner might be liable for your personal and financial damages. Call the Passaic County dog bite attorneys at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., and learn if you qualify to file a legal compensation claim.
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our attorneys are:
- Proven successful in securing compensation for the injured;
- Experienced and knowledgeable in dog bite law; and
- Recognized for excellence in the legal community.
We tailor our representation to meet your legal goals. At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our attorneys take the stress of the legal process off of you, allowing you to focus on healing. Contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation.
Why Hire A Passaic County Dog Bite Lawyer?
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., our dog bite attorneys guide you through your dog bite claim. We maintain open communication with you throughout your claim, updating you regularly on case progress.
Our dog bite attorneys use our more than ninety years of combined legal experience to build the strongest dog bite case possible by:
- Fully investigating the dog bite attack;
- Consulting with medical, financial, and other needed experts on your behalf;
- Defending claims of negligence on your part;
- Handling all insurance company correspondence; and
- Representing you at trial if no fair settlement offer is forthcoming.
Call for your free dog bite case evaluation. There is no risk to you, and at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we only charge legal fees when we win compensation for you.
Dog Bite Laws in New Jersey
New Jersey follows a strict liability policy regarding dog bites. There is no proof needed that a dog owner was negligent or the dog was vicious so long as the bite takes place:
- In a private place;
- Lawfully in any public place; and
- There is proof the bite occurred.
A dog owner is liable for a dog bite whether the owner used reasonable care to restrain the dog or warn others about the dog. In cases of joint dog ownership, both dog owners could face liability for any dog bite. Generally, home or commercial property insurance pays for a dog bite claim.
The defense that the victim was a trespasser does not apply to those people lawfully on a property, such as the mail carrier or utility workers.
Dog Bite Injuries
Dog bites are the most common animal bite, with nearly 4.5 million occurring each year in the United States. Thousands of dog bite victims require reconstructive surgery to repair wounds. Injuries caused by dog bites may include:
- Muscle, nerve, and blood vessel damage;
- Broken or fractured bones;
- Wound infections like tetanus and rabies.
It is essential to seek medical care following any dog bite to ensure proper wound cleansing and minimize the risk of infection and scarring. If the dog owner is present, ask if the dog is current on its shots.
Dog Bite Compensation
Caring for a serious dog bite injury can require extensive medical treatment and multiple corrective surgeries. Victims left with lifelong disfigurement may need ongoing counseling to cope with changes in all aspects of their lives. Therefore, there is a range of damages available to dog bite victims.
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Past and future accident-related medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future income;
- Home and vehicle modifications;
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and rehabilitation;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental and emotional trauma;
- Disfigurement; and
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
New Jersey limits the amount of time a dog bite victim has to file a personal injury lawsuit for compensation. Do not delay contacting the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. One of our dog Passaic County god bite attorneys will meet with you and review your claim at no charge.
The sooner you take action, the faster the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., can set your mind at ease and help you move forward with your life.