Newark Truck Accident Lawyer
Being involved in a truck accident in Newark is a frightening experience that will stay with you forever. If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury in the crash, you could be dealing with significant pain and suffering, medical bills, and other repercussions. At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C., we provide compassionate legal representation to victims of truck accidents in Newark and throughout New Jersey. We can help you move forward with a claim and your life after a devastating crash.
Why Choose Us?
- Our attorneys bring more than 90 years of combined legal experience to every truck accident case we accept. We are known for effective representation in Newark.
- We are dedicated to fighting for the best possible case results for each client. Our law firm has collected millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for past clients.
- You won’t pay us any attorney’s fees unless we win your truck accident case. We operate on a contingency fee basis, with $0 charged upfront.
How Can a Newark Truck Accident Lawyer Help You?
After a commercial truck accident, you will have to go up against a powerful trucking company, along with its insurance provider and legal team. They will not want you to win your case or recover maximum financial compensation for your injuries. The best way to protect yourself during conversations with an insurance adjuster is by hiring an attorney to represent you.
A Newark truck accident lawyer can build your case by investigating your crash and collecting evidence of fault. Then, your lawyer can file the necessary paperwork before New Jersey’s deadline. Throughout your case, your attorney will make sure that you and your family have everything you need during this difficult time. You can trust your lawyer to fight for justice and the best possible case results while you focus on healing.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
A car accident involving a big rig or 18-wheeler is likely to cause serious to catastrophic injuries for those in the smaller vehicle. Every year, thousands of victims visit emergency rooms for life-altering injuries suffered in truck accidents. Common examples include:
- Broken bones
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Burn injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Lower extremity injuries
- Crush or compression injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Wrongful death
Our lawyers can help if you sustained any type of injury in an accident involving a large truck in Newark. We can gather your medical records, speak to your doctor and hire medical experts to help prove your injuries during a claim.
What Causes Commercial Truck Accidents in Newark?
Most Newark truck accidents are preventable. They occur when someone is negligent, or fails to use reasonable care. If a trucking company is not careful about who it hires, for example, it may have incompetent and unqualified truck drivers operating its trucks. The top causes of commercial truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Following too closely
- Driving while fatigued
- Broken federal safety regulations
- Poorly secured cargo
- Imbalanced trucks
- Lack of truck maintenance
- Low-quality repairs
- Truck defects and breakdowns
Common types of truck accidents include jackknifes, rollovers, lost cargo loads, rear-end collisions, override and underride accidents, head-on collisions, and lane-change accidents. These issues and accidents can often be prevented by prudent truck drivers and law-abiding trucking companies.
How Much Is a Truck Accident Case Worth?
The value of your truck accident case will depend on the specific circumstances, such as the gravity of your injuries and how long your doctor believes it will take you to heal. As a general rule, the more severe a victim’s injuries, the more money his or her claim is worth. For this reason, truck accident cases often have high values due to the catastrophic nature of the injuries involved.
You may be entitled to financial compensation for several economic and noneconomic damages as a truck accident victim. A successful settlement or verdict may pay for your current and future medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, funeral and burial costs for a deceased loved one, loss of consortium, diminished quality of life, and more. Work with our attorneys to pursue the best possible results for your truck accident case.
Why Are Truck Accident Claims Unique?
Truck accident claims in Newark have unique issues that require special consideration. You may need an attorney to help you navigate these elements. Issues to consider are:
- Federal laws – all trucking companies must obey laws that are enforced by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. These rules address truck driver hiring and training practices, fleet maintenance, driving hours to prevent drowsy driving, cargo securement, and much more. Violating these laws can lead to a truck accident.
- Serious injuries – the injuries involved in a truck accident case are often more serious than a standard car accident. A small passenger car is no match for the heavy size and weight of a big rig. A catastrophic injury claim requires special care to ensure that the victim receives adequate compensation.
- Unique evidence – truck accident cases typically come with unique sources and types of evidence. Examples include the truck’s black box, trucking company compliance records, truck driver employment and medical records, and electronic logging devices. If you are not able to collect evidence after your truck accident, a personal injury attorney can do so for you.
- Vicarious liability – trucking companies can be held vicariously liable for the negligence of their employees, including truck drivers. They are held accountable for their trucks and drivers, in most cases. This means you will most likely be going up against a trucking company rather than an individual during your claim.
A Newark truck accident attorney will understand these issues and know the laws surrounding your case to help you pursue the best possible results.
Have You Been Injured in a Newark Truck Accident? We Can Help
If you’ve recently been injured in a truck accident in Newark, help is available at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. Jeffrey and his team of attorneys and staff have been helping clients get through the most challenging cases for decades. We have what it takes to pursue justice and maximum financial compensation for your serious truck accident. Contact us today to request a free case consultation with an attorney. Call (201) 928-0300 or contact us online anytime.