What to Do After a Slip & Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents have the potential to be extremely dangerous as they can happen anywhere, anytime. The steps you take after a slip and fall accident are crucial in determining the course of your physical, emotional, and financial recovery. If your accident was caused due to the negligence or misconduct of another, you are entitled to pursue compensation for your medical expenses, loss of work and wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Immediately after a slip and fall accident, be sure to follow these steps:
- Seek medical treatment to assess the extent of your injuries. Documenting your health helps ensure your future claim, as all medical records will be used as evidence in your fight for compensation.
- Report the accident to the manager, owner, or landlord of the property at which the incident took place. Get the details of what happened in writing and request a copy for yourself.
- Document the names, addresses, and contact information of all witnesses present. Take pictures of the scene, including nearby stairs, current weather conditions, any distracting signage, etc.
- Do not give any statements, admit fault, or share details of your accident on social media. Refrain from a confrontation with the owner or manager.
- Enlist the services of an aggressive and experienced legal team.
Injured & Seeking a Knowledgeable Slip & Fall Attorney? Contact Us Today
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Hasson, P.C. we are highly-qualified and skilled legal advocates who will see your case through to the end. Our firm’s core beliefs and sincere commitment to justice have helped us cultivate a reputation for success. We strive to exceed your expectations no matter the challenges or obstacles in our way. Our team will be there for you from start to finish.
To speak to a representative of our firm, please don’t hesitate to schedule an initial consultation by calling (201) 254-8484 today.